Roblox – The 5 most played Roblox games and 5 upcoming games that are highly anticipatedPublished April 14, 2021
The top 5 most played Roblox games are guaranteed fun for many players, but what are some new games for players looking for something more innovative or exciting?
For those not aware, Roblox is an online game platform and game creator. While it was originally released for PC back in 2006, making this a fairly old game, its popularity has absolutely skyrocketed in the last couple of years. As of last summer, Roblox had attracted over 160 million active monthly users and reached a remarkable level of dominance in the youth market, with over 50% of all children in the US under 16 having played it. It should come as no surprise that with the COVID-19 pandemic, quite a few kids were spending more time inside, and thus the game provided a lot of children another way to connect with friends, as over 50% of Roblox active users play with their IRL friends.
Since Roblox is a game creation platform with millions of players worldwide in at least 200 hundred countries, it goes without saying that there are a significant number of games available to play on Roblox. Still, while doing our research, we were surprised by the sheer magnitude, as there are roughly 40 million games on Roblox. To put that into perspective, that is more games than there are Canadians. So taking that into consideration, we looked into which games are the most played games, each being played (Roblox calls these “visits”) at least five billion times.
- Adopt Me! – 18.1 billion
- Tower of Hell – 8.6 billion
- MeepCity – 8.4 billion
- Piggy – 7.1 billion
- Royale High – 5.1 billion
But these games have been around for a while, and nearly everybody has already played them, so are very well acquainted. Then what can Roblox players expect for 2021? We’ve looked into some games in the early stages of development but are nonetheless attracting a lot of attention.
- Tales of The Overland – an upcoming roleplaying game where players can find a mysterious dimension called the Overlands. Those that enter can never leave, where you can find new friends and encountered fearsome enemies.
- Ethical Labs – a sci-fi roleplaying game in which players work as scientists at a company called ‘Ethical Labs’ where they can roleplay performing medical and scientific experiments on each other.
- Castaway – players roleplay as pirates and can go on various pirate-themed adventures, like swashbuckling, searching for buried treasure, building a base, or sailing the seas.
- Weaponry – a first-person competitive shooter that you are sure to play with your friends. It’s a super fun game with many different kinds of guns to use from the shotgun to sniper rifle, to guns from other games like the drum gun from Fortnite, a gun from Counter Stike: Global Offensive, and oddities like the Oof Gun. It’s a fast-paced and skill-based game that you can easily sink hundreds of hours of game time into.
- Attack on Titan: Freedom Awaits – AoT fans will definitely enjoy this masterpiece of action gameplay based on the critically acclaimed manga/anime series Attack on Titan. In this game, players take the role of a Scout, a member of the military in the AoT series whose role is to explore the world outside of their homeland’s walls, which has been dominated by massive man-eating creatures called Titans.
Roblox has received overwhelmingly positive reviews, and its built-in parental controls and chat filtration system makes it very attractive for parents with young children.
idk how i play this 🤞🏼🤞🏼👉🏼👈🏼