Fortnite – Update 17.20Published July 11, 2021
The next update for Chapter 2 Season 7 of Fortnite will be released on July 13th. Read here to find out more!
While the first update for Chapter 2, Season 7, was somewhat delayed, it appears that going forward, future updates will begin to return to the regular schedule that Fortnite players have grown to expect. In continuation of the theme for Chapter 2, Season 7 of Fortnite, this upcoming update will be expanding upon aspects of the ‘Alien Invasion’ and is expected to be released on July 13th. (This is only a slight delay from the originally planned release date of July 6th). We don’t yet have all the details of what will be including the upcoming update as official patch notes have yet to be made public, but we do have some information.
To recap, the last update added several new features to the island, including the Cosmic Summer Celebration event, Alien parasites and artifacts, and several new NPCs. In this update, the ‘Alien Invasion’ that began early last month with crop circles and roaming hostile flying saucers will be turning up the heat.
The developers of the game teased that “Alien ground troops have begun mobilizing west. Islanders should be on high alert”. Additionally, it appears that a new underground point-of-interest (POI) will be introduced to the island and may feature a huge UFO buried under the rubble. Based on the image released by Epic, the game’s developers, the buried UFO seems to have been there for a very long time. It also looks to be a very massive vehicle that may suggest that players will explore the interior of the lost spaceship.
According to a Fortnite insider, modern basketball legend, LeBron James of the LA Lakers will be making an appearance in Fortnite. The skin and other items will be part of the Fortnite Icon Series. They will be joining other celebrities that have made an appearance in the game, such as Scarlett Johansson (as Marvel character Black Widow), Keanu Reeves (as popular film noir-inspired action hero John Wick), Soccer/Football star Neymar da Silva Santos Jr, and famous DJ Marshmello.
Obviously, it practically goes without saying that various issues such as bugs and balancing will be addressed with every patch or update. At the moment, we can be fairly certain that the following pesky issues will be resolved:
- Players being unable to use a fishing rod while in the passenger seat of a motorboat.
- Epic Chests in the Arena sometimes do not provide any weapon.
- The shortcut to the crafting menu opens the inventory menu instead.
- When disguised as a prop, vehicles will drive erratically and unpredictably.
- Fire in the Battle Lab is causing stability issues.
- The timer for Cosmic Chests freezes at 0:00 and remains on screen if the player opens the chest while an enemy player poaches their active bounty.
- Xbox players are being removed from their party when returning to the Lobby.
- New items are automatically being equipped upon pick-up.
- The ‘Last Forever’ emote is not working properly.
- Scrolling through the Voice Chat tab is extremely difficult when using a controller.
- Players leaving the island in Creative mode are sometimes encountering an infinitely continuous loading screen.
- The ‘Saurian Vigor’ perk stops working when players respawn in the ‘Save the World’ mode.
Despite some minor lackluster reviews, it seems like most players of Fortnite have been very pleased with the current UFO-themed season so far. We will keep you updated on all the latest Fortnite news!
Fortnite was developed and published in 2017 by Epic Games and is available on Windows, macOS, Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, iOS, and Android.