Fall Guys – Season 6 “Pipe Dream”Published December 18, 2021
Season 6 of Fall Guys is live! This new season of Fall Guys is looking to be very exciting, with new stages, obstacles, and costumes! Read here to find out more about all the new and fun content to explore!
Last week the newest season of Fall Guys launched and it looks like it’s going to be more fun than anything that’s come before. The theme of this season, at least based upon what you see in the announcement trailer, appears to be somewhat based on a mishmash of a circus and a water-park… it’s a little unusual, but Fall Guys itself is kind of wacky and it doesn’t really seem that out of place when you think about it.
In any case, the most major addition to the game in the seasons are vacuum pipes, which allow players to be sucked through a tube from one location in the stage to another. According to the developers, the idea behind this was to fit well with the existing format of Fall Guys games as being a careful balance between player skill, and random chaos. For example, while in a vacuum pipe players will have some control over which direction they may go when the pipe does split, but it’s not going to always be totally clear exactly where exactly each pipe might take them.
One new change that does have some players disappointed is that in order to play you will need to have and sign into an Epic Games account. While this is an added step necessary to play the game, it has the benefit of allowing players to use the same account regardless of their platform. This means that players can play on both their PC and their Playstation using the same account and continue to make progress and earn points on their account regardless of which platform they are using to play that day. (So if your little brother needs to use the computer for homework you can just log in to your PlayStation and play Fall Guys on that instead and you won’t have to have to bother with creating a whole new account or wasting time earning points on a profile you won’t be using).
The most recent update also included a fair number of improvements, fixes, and re-balancing:
- Fixed an issue in spectator mode where it wasn’t automatically panning to Party Members.
- Fixed a bug causing players to be briefly pulled backward on the Fruit Chute conveyor belt.
- Fixed a bug on the Tundra Run and Short Circuit levels that was causing flippers to not actually flip players.
- Controllers will now vibrate during the countdown as expected.
- Missing SFX on the ‘Round Over’ banner has been re-added.
- Winning players’ crown rank appearing blank in the main menu has been fixed.
- Missing VFX when scoring a point in Basketfall has been fixed.
- The colors associated with ‘Ready’ and ‘Not Ready’ were reversed for players in a party, and this has been corrected.
- Fixed an issue in which the season progress bar would appear erroneously during gameplay.
- Fixed an issue causing the default nameplate to display in players’ profiles instead of their selected nameplate.
- Corrected an issue where the audio did not correctly change when players enter a gravity zone.
- Fixed a bug causing players loading into the Main Show not loading into equally sized teams.
Aside from this, there have been at least 25 new costumes for players to earn while playing this season, most of which appear to be carnival-themed.
Fall Guys is currently available on Windows, PlayStation 4, and PlayStation 5. It appears that there are plans for release on the Nintendo Switch, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X|S, or for Mobile devices, but it is still unclear on when that might happen.